Companies registered only for the purpose of following activities are registered under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013, and hence are called Section 8 Company.
- Promoting commerce, art, science, sports, education, research, social welfare, religion, charity, protection of the environment or any such other object (charitable objects).
- Apply its profits, if any, or other income in promoting its objects.
- Prohibit the payment of any dividend to its members
Section 8 Company is registered as a Non-Profit organization and can registered either as a Public Company or a Private Company with or without share capital.
Conditions for forming Section 8 Company:
Documents Required for Registration
- Digital Signature of all Directors & Subscribers
- Director Identification Number (DIN) of Directors and Subscribers.
- If Directors and Subscribers are not having DIN then,
- PAN (Mandatory for Indian National)
- Passport (Mandatory for Foreign National)
- Address Proof (any 1 of the following)
- a) Latest Utility Bill (viz Electricity Bill/ Gas Bill/ Telephone Bill/ not older than 2 months)or
- b) Bank Statement (not older than 2 months)
- ID Proof (any 1 of the following)
- Voter ID
- Driving License
REGISTERED OFFICE DOCUMENTS
- If Registered Office Property is owned by Company/Director then OWNERSHIP PROOF in the name of Owner (any 1 of the following)
- Sale/ Conveyance Deed
- Maintenance Receipt (Latest)
- If Registered Office Property is not owned by Company/Director then (any 1 of the following)
- Lease Deed/ Leave & License Agreement/Rent Agreement
- Mandatory Latest Utility Bill (viz Electricity Bill/ Gas Bill/ Telephone Bill/ not older than 2 months)
Bank Statement (not older than 2 months)